11 Oct Foodie Friday
Breakfast can be one of the hardest meals to get in during the day, but it can really set the tone for your food choices throughout the rest of the day. That’s why it’s so important to have some quick and easy breakfasts ready to go. These breakfast cups are delicious and can be stored in the fridge and just re-heated in the microwave (30-45 seconds) for a super quick and nutritious breakfast. The possibilities are endless too. Here are some of our favorite choices:
Ham and cheddar, turkey bacon, broccoli and cheese, peppers and onions, sausage and peppers, jalapeno and cheese, tomato & parmesan, bacon, spinach and cheese.
You can mix and match ingredients. Add in your favorite veggies and include some seasonings like cumin, paprika, garlic salt, onion powder, oregano, thyme, and rosemary. Get creative!
Extra ingredients are up to you!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Crack eggs into large mixing bowl.
- Season the egg mixture with salt and pepper.
- Add in any additional ingredients and seasonings. Whisk together.
- Line muffin pan with silicone liners or spray down muffin pan with a good amount of cooking spray to keep the eggs from sticking.
- Pour egg mixture into the muffin pan filling each ½ way full.
- Cook for about 8-12 minutes. Just make sure the eggs are cooked all the way through and remember eggs keep cooking even after they are removed from heat.
Yield: 9 servings