01 Nov Foodie Friday
Low Carb Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
If you’re in the mood for Italian but you don’t want to pack on the carbs, then this recipe will not disappoint! With only 1 net carb per meatball, this delicious meal is filling, satisfying and won’t destroy your diet. This recipe uses ground beef and hot Italian sausage but you can always substitute ground chicken sausage or stick with just ground beef. It’s your meal so make it how you want it. Just make sure you grab a low-carb marinara sauce and you’re good to go! The recipe is below. Follow the link for more detailed instructions and nutrition info. https://keto-daily.com/keto-stuffed-meatballs-recipe/
1lb Fresh Hot Italian Sausage (Chicken or Pork)
1lb Ground Fresh Beef
½ Cup Parmesan Cheese Wisps
1 Jar Low-Carb Marinara
8oz Low Moisture Full Fat Mozzarella Cheese
2tbs Olive Oil
1tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
½ tsp Black Pepper
1tsp Dried Oregano
1tsp Granulated Garlic
1tsp Dried Parsley (Optional)
1tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- Preheat the Oven to Broil (Usually about 500*F).
- In a Large Mixing Bowl Combine the Grass-Fed Beef with the Hot Italian Sausage.
- Add in the Crushed parmesan cheese wisps, granulated Garlic, Salt, Pepper, and Oregano. Combine well.
- Slice the Mozzarella Cheese Sticks into roughly 1/2″ long sections.
- Oil an oven safe pan with your choice of oil. Avocado oil usually preferred for high heat applications like this, as it has less of a tendency to smoke. I prefer Unfiltered Olive oil for the flavor, but that can get a little smokey.
- Take a pinch of the meatball mixture and tuck one of the Mozzarella Cheese Stick slices into the middle of it and roll into a ball. Place the Meatballs into the pan, and be sure to slide them back and forth a little bit when placing them in the pan to ensure that the bottom of the meatball is coated in oil (This seems to help prevent sticking to the pan).
- Place the pan of meatballs in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the top of the meatballs just begins to get a brown crisp to the top of them.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven, and top the meatballs with the jar of low carb marinara sauce and 8 ounces of shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
- Place the pan back in the oven for about 5 to 7 more minutes, or until the Mozzarella Cheese on top is browned or bubbling to your liking.
- Remove from the oven, and optionally top with a sprinkle of Parsley and Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
Be sure to consult your physician before starting a new diet or altering your current diet.